Monday, May 4, 2009

Reflection 2

Upon completion of the first rotation, I feel that I have grown considerably as a future teacher. The students that I worked with in the SUCCESS classroom have taught me many things. First, I should not underestimate a special education student. They are capable of so much more than they are given credit for. I also realized that they can be very self-sufficient. They began their day by removing coats and backpacks. Then retrieving and turning in their homework. The students in this rotation showed me that despite their disabilities, they are the same as any other student. Another realization that I came to is that all young students need boundaries and routines. Without boundaries we would have nothing to surpass. I grew quickly fond of the students in the classroom and will truly miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment